Saturday, July 24, 2010

Making it "Home"

We just finished a positive project that's been in the making for quite awhile. Hubby gave me shutters for my birthday this spring, but I needed to paint them before we hung them up. Of course I procrastinated. It's hard to decide what color to have the whole neighborhood see, it tells so much about your personality! Anyway, because I'm predictable, I decided on deep red. I painted this week and we put them up. I love them! I also painted my kitchen and a livingroom wall. When we moved here, 5 years ago, I'd painted them a cool vintage green and it looked amazing. Life was tough for awhile, tho. It's a long story, sometimes life is just kind of hard. As I'm coming out of that, I realized everytime I thought about the color of those walls that same darkness seemed to want to creep back in. I decided that, for me, paint gives new life to many things, and often gives me a new outlook on life. A baptizm of sorts, you know, an outward symbol of an inward change? My kitchen is now a wonderful buttery yellow :-). And, when I drive down the street I will know which house is mine now because it has amazing red shutters. It's time for me to wake up and be a part of the community again!


And look at this wonderful diaper bag I made for Melissa! In June she welcomed Miss Natalie into their family and now she'll be toting her things around Oklahoma City in this amazingly enormous bag. When I showed her and her mom my bags and another pattern I was considering trying, they decided on this style. I'd never made it before, but I gave it a shot. I have a few kinks to work out in all the pockets I've added to the style, and making it super sturdy, but I really like it so far. And, considering it's bigger than we anticipated, she'll have room for everything PLUS the kitchen sink.





No comments:

Post a Comment